swim, grab food, perch, or wade.
I can describe the different bird beak and feet adaptations that help birds survive.
Bird Beak and feet Chart
Video (and back up book in case of tech failure)
Steps in the lesson:
1. Discuss: How many different kinds of food do birds eat? And, Do all birds have the same beaks and feet? Teacher takes notes on discussion.
2. Watch the video on bird adaptations, or read the book.
3. Pass out fact sheet:
5. Then, students will write a sentence describing each type of bird beak and set of feet and how the beak adaptation helps the bird eat, and how the foot adaptation helps the birds swim, grab food, perch, or wade.
USE THE SENTENCE HELPER:
1. Birds with a __________________beak eat _______________ because their beak helps them ________________________________.
2. Birds with ________________ feet can _______________ because the adaptation help them ____________________________.
lesson 9 video
Lesson 8 video
I CAN READ TAND USE MEDIA TO DETERMINE PATTERNS IN BEHAVIOR OF PARENTS AND OFFSPRING THAT HELP OFFSPRING SURVIVE.
I can write my opinion to explain what I think.
I can also find facts from books or videos to support my opinion.
1. Read "I can" statements and discuss meaning.
2. Discuss how parent animals might help their offspring.
3. Students will make predictions in table groups and share whole group.
4. Watch the animal video.
5. Discuss with tables and share.
6. Students will write their opinions using the sentence stem below: