Week 17, lesson 9 IN LAB AND CLASS
I can find the percentages of:
1. All water on the Earth
2. Land on Earth
3 Fresh water on Earth
4. Salt water on Earth
1. Predict the answers to the above percentages of land and water.
2. Watch the video.
3. Write the percentages of land and water.
4. Discuss different types of water and where it is found.
5. Use the National Geo interactive map as a tool to aid you in filling out the percentages of water in with a pie graph.
If time allows, students will fill in a blank continents map with the locations of all the different kinds of water on Earth.
Color the map in with these colors:
a. ocean = blue
b. streams = green
c. rivers = purple
d. glaciers = grey
e. Polar Ice caps
f. ground water = brown
If students finish early, they will be asked to think, and write about ways to save water at school and home.
Week 16, lesson 8
Continents work on in lab and in class
You are an explorer heading out from your home country and you must go and collect one very special thing from each continent.
1. Look at the map you colored last week (Mon, Tues classes only), or color a continent map, with the ocean a blue color and the land different colors.
2. Glue map #1 to a large colored piece of paper that will fold out of a travel journal. (Think Natl. Geo maps)
3. On map #2 color the continents only and cut them out.
4. Cut the continents out.
5. Cut out the names of the continents and oceans.
6. Make an envelope and glue it to the large piece of paper. (This is for your map terms.)
7. Make another envelope and glue it to your paper,( This envelope is for you to put the 1 or more special things that is found on each continent.)
Cut out ideas taken from:
Maps downloaded from: http://www.printableworldmap.net/
mEDIa support week 17